"this baby came out of you but im not 100% sure its yours"
Funny thing - a woman who applied for welfare after her husband left her hadto supply DNA evidence he was actually the father. The results: he was definitely the father, but she wasn’t the mother. Her children were removed from her custody and she was sued for fraud, even though she insisted they were her children.
Turns out, she wasn’t a surrogate or a kidnapper (the two most obvious explanations) - she was a chimera. As an embryo, she fused at a very early stage with her twin, forming one individual. Her ovaries apparently developed from cells that had originally belonged to her vanished twin. Later on more tests showed that while the woman’s skin and hair DNA did not match her childrens, DNA taken from her cervix did.
WHAT THE FUCk
This went from stupid to really interesting in point 5 seconds.
You've found the personal tumblr of Nagia (pronounced neijia, and yes, that Nagia). Full-length, proper fanfiction can be found at the fanfiction link; fragments and drabbles found under fragment. I don't tend to tag my reblogs etc, so you've been warned.
haven’t made an embroidery in a while.
So Sterekhowla and I played around with this site and wanted to see how compatible Derek and Stiles’ zodiac signs were, based on Derek’s ID and this tweet. This may have been done already, and we still don’t have Derek’s birthday confirmed (?) but the result is so accurate we figured we should share.
Here’s what we got:
When Aries and Scorpio come together in a love affair, it can be the kind of relationship where they both wonder how they ever managed apart. Both Signs love power and they can achieve just about anything — as long as they learn to share the spotlight. Scorpio is very focused; once they set their sights on Aries, Aries is most likely powerless to resist Scorpio has a deeper and more complex devotion to this relationship than does Aries.
These two Signs tend to engage in heavy, heated arguments. Their connection is highly passionate and often argumentative, because both partners have jealous tendencies. Scorpio tends to be more patient, but is also more possessive than Aries — and can lash out (with that Scorpion sting) when their feelings get hurt. Despite their differences in emotional involvement, both partners love risk and taking chances; this is not a boring relationship! Aries and Scorpio can have lots of adventures together. They may have trouble understanding one another — Aries is a true extrovert, totally up-front and open, while Scorpio is more inward, emotional and, at times, manipulative.
Aries and Scorpio are both ruled by the Planet Mars (Passion), and Scorpio is also ruled by Pluto (Power). When two people with Mars’s energy come together, it’s like two soldiers on a battlefield — they’re either allies or deadly enemies. Mars also represents passion, so Aries and Scorpio tend to have an exciting time together (both in the bedroom and out of it). Arguments are normal in such a challenge-oriented couple — and making up is definitely something to look forward to!
Aries is a Fire Sign and Scorpio is a Water Sign. These two elements can be a great combination if they work together, combining emotion and physical action to get things done. Scorpio is a strategist, and can help Aries slow down and learn how to plan battles before jumping into them. Aries teaches Scorpio to let go and move on when their efforts are thwarted. It’s essential for Aries and Scorpio to work together, not against one another.
Aries is a Cardinal Sign and Scorpio is a Fixed Sign. Aries can teach Scorpio about spontaneity — doing things just for the experience, rather than always having an agenda in mind. Scorpio can help teach Aries to stabilize and finish things rather than always jumping into new projects without completing what’s already on the table. When they can understand that they’re both loyal and devoted to one another, they can both be the boss — Aries as the initiator and Scorpio as the emotional leader.
What’s the best aspect of the Aries-Scorpio relationship? The power of their combined forces. They’re both winners and they won’t give up, making theirs a relationship that never settles for second best.
did u just
Happy Earth Day!! Isn’t nature beautiful?
Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt personally victimized by nature.
Dubbed movies aren’t actually half bad - at least to movies dubbed in other languages. Trust me, I’ve watched both Spanish and French dubbed movies, they were way worse. This is what we like to call “Jammern auf hohem Niveau” - complaining even though everything is pretty good. You’ll find that Germans are a people of complainers; we like to complain about everything. We are never content :)
Still, I’m really really excited that you’re interested in my culture and HELL YES THERE ARE A BUNCH OF AWESOME GERMAN MOVIES. Here are some highly acclaimed ones and some of my favourites, I hope all links work.
- 12 Meter ohne Kopf (a movie about a German pirate, who allegedly walked 12 meters after being beheaded in order to save his crew)
- Auf der anderen Seite (a really bautiful sort of episodic movie connecting the lives of three families, both German and Turkish)
- Barfuss (a movie about a girl suffering from PTSD, who is saved mostly accidentally from committing suicide by a dude cleaning the clinic she is in, and then follows him around everywhere, and they fall in love. Seriously, onely one of two movies by Til Schweiger worth watching)
- Buddenbrooks (the story of a very rich merchant family and their downfall…a really famour book adaptation)
- Das Boot (a movie about a German submarine and its crew during World War II. 100& must-see)
- Das Experiment (A movie about a psychology experiment in prison, and how people react when given free reign over others. This should come with a huge trigger warning. It’s awesome, but also really super disturbing)
- Das Leben der Anderen (You might’ve heard of that one, since it received an Oscar. It deals with surveillance in East Germany, and is, also, a must-see).
- Das weiße Band (A movie about the oppressive and rigid society pre-World War I children grew up in.)
- Das Wunder von Bern (This movie mixes the football world championships of 1954 (soccer for heathens who call other stuff football) and the story of a family that has to re-learn to live with each other when the father comes home after being a war captive for like…12 years MUST SEE)
- Der Baader Meinhof Komplex (movie about famous German left extremists, the RAF and their terrorist attacks)
- Der Schuh des Manitu (THE single best German comedy to ever exist. It makes fun of Cowboy movies/books that are super popular in Germany. You’ll cry of laughter seeing Native Americans with a Bavarian accent - which also means your language level should be really high, or you won’t understand a thing. Uh, obviously don’t watch if you think white comedians playing Native Americans is racist even when it’s satire)
- Der Untergang (the last days in thr life of Adolf Hitler. You’ll probably have heard of that one, too. MUST SEE)
- Die Blechtrommel (God, I don’t know how to describe this one. Basically, a movie about a child who decides he doesn’t want to grow anymore and observes the world of the adults around him?)
- Die Fälscher (again, dealing with World War II, and people in concentration camps who were tasked with copying money of other countries)
- Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei (a movie about three rebels who break into rich people’s houses only to rearrange their furniture and tell them to revise their morals - until one of them catches them in the act and they abduct him for a weekend. MUST SEE)
- Die Feuerzangenbowle (THE classic movie. about the German school system. An older guy pretending to be a student at an elite high school. Also gave the name to a drink you will find a lot on Christmas markets)
- Effie Briest (another novel adaptation about a young woman whose marriage is arranged and who loses everything when she cheats on her husband)
- Ein Freund von mir (two guys who are completely different building a very strange friendship)
- Elementarteilchen (about the lives of two brothers who were separated after birth, and the completely different lives they lead)
- Fack Ju Göhte (no links yet, it only came out last year, a new comedy about the German school system, and absolute must-see, if you happen to find a link one day)
- Gegen die Wand (a Turkish girl fake-marrying a German addict in an attempt to escae her family. MUST SEE)
- Goodbye Lenin (a beautiful movie/comedy about a family and the German reunification. MUST SEE)
- Im Winter ein Jahr (a family dealing with the loss of their son/brother)
- Kabale und Liebe (a superb adaptation of Schiller’s play. bsjdhkdjk)
- Kebab Connection (…I don’t even know how to describe this movie. Just watch it. Very multi/transcultural and hilarious)
- Keinohrhasen (a douche has to do community service at a kindergarten - and finds that the girl he used to bully as a kid is now his superior. uh-oh. It’s super funny)
- Kirschblüten - Hanami (a dude travelling to Japan to understand and be close to his late wife)
- Lola rennt ( a movie about a couple in a dangerous situation - and three possible outcomes)
- Schiller (ah boy, this was a TV production, so I couldn’t find a link. A brilliant movie about the life of Germany’s best playwright, if you ask me)
- Soul Kitchen (a comedy about a guy trying to keep his restaurant afloat and keeping his brother out of a life of petty crime)
- Sophie Scholl - die letzten Tage (a movie about the last days in the life of Sophie Scholl and her brother, who were part of the resistance against the Nazis)
- Vincent will Meer (a guy with tourette syndrom, a girl with an eating disorder and a guy with OCD break out of their psychiatric clinic to go to the sea. MUST SEE)
- Was nützt die Liebe in Gedanken? ( a movie based on a real story, about a group of teenagers vowing to commit suicide once they do not feel any love anymore)
- Wer früher stirbt ist länger tot (a comedy about a kid who does a lot of nonsense and when told that he is the reason his mother dies, blames himself, feares that he has to go to hell, and tries to make up for his sins by finding his dad a new wife. Hilarious. Again, tho, super strong Bavarian accent, beware!)
And if you want to watch a few good German TV-shows:
- Türkisch für Anfänger (ABSOLUTE MUST SEE TV SERIES OMG WATCH IT!!! It deals with a German-Turkish patchwork family and it is hilarious)
- Tatort Münster (basically a procedural crime show. There are a lot of Tatorts, but this is the only one that is always good. you’ll find a lot of the episodes on youtube)
- Der letzte Zeuge (a show about a coroner solving crimes)
ACTORS & SHIPPING
ACTORS & SHIPPING
My favorite part of Cons is the real-time interaction with people who love and appreciate a show. That’s why I wanted a “selfie” with all 200+ of you :D
It’s also why I stuck my head into a fan panel to ask a question. But, based on some responses (two are below), I’m not entirely sure I clearly asked my question. Maybe my very presence interjecting there was distracting. What ever the reason, I’m clarifying here.
What I asked was: Do the shipped actors' opinions of said ship have any bearing on the fans' opinion of the ship.
Please understand this before you answer: No person’s opinion — whether they portray the character on the show or not — should curtail what another person imagines or creates (visual art, fanfic, music, etc.) Period. No caveats.
To the core of my being, I believe and uphold that every single one of us has the UNALIENABLE RIGHT to FREELY SPEAK and to pursue our happiness as we wish. I absolutely love hearing opinions and views that differ from mine; it makes me happy :D …tho I get pissed if I’m not allowed the same in return, ya feel me?? So, Ship away! I shall be doing the same. And to each their own ship! So you don’t have to remind me about the importance of respecting various ships. I agree.
That still leaves my question unanswered.
What I want(ed) to know from the fans assembled the other day, is this: If an actor’s vision for the character whom they bring to life and/or a writer’s vision of life in the Canon Universe is not consistent with a popular trend in a fandom, should the Canon-verse be altered to accommodate the fans’ desires? Should fans press for it to be so?
Naturally, I have opinions about this from a professional standpoint. And because I find it fascinating, I wanted to know what YOU FANS thought. [And I am not thinking of any one particular ship, so any haters, save your hate, cuz I was shipping looong before most people even reading this were born …GH *sigh* Luke and Laura…]
If someone wants to share their opinion, please do! Oh, but know this: I don’t promise not to assess the opinion’s merits or lack there of, but I DO promise I won’t judge, criticize, nor condemn. And while I believe we all have the Right of Free Speech, I also have the Right to have Silence …lol. For example, when someone’s opinion begins to be too vehement or if it violates my sense of justice or if it is intentionally cruel, I will insist that I be left in silence :)
This is all truly intriguing to me and a large part of why I adore this particular fandom.
Thank you, TeenWolfies, for Being.
…Eaddyherebedragonflies asked you:In response to your question about actors and ships: it doesn’t really matter. It’s like the death of the author: you put glorious things out and then they’re not yours anymore. At the same time, courtesy as fellow fans in no ship-shaming is even more important because your voices are louder.alwaysboth asked you:In response to your question about whether what actors ship has effect on what fans ship: not really? In this scenario, you essentially become fans. What you ship is generally irrelevant to what we ship. But you are higher profile than fans generally are, so it’s more important to us that you remain respectful toward things you don’t ship.
make me choose - anonymous asked: tyler hoechlin or
#i can’t tell if i’m hungry or if it’s my ulcer or if i legit love this doughnut so much i’m getting flutters in my belly#but ONE OF THOSE THINGS is happening thanks to this gifset
tags via fucklinski
|Song: Pompeii (Gender Pitched)|
|Played: 365,695 times.|
(pitched to different “gender”)
Sorry for low-tier quality, I just really wanted to hear what this would sound like.
I’m so confused.